Sunday, March 13, 2011

Updating the Boring

Well, I said I was going to try to update this more often, so that's what I am doing, although it may not be the most exciting thing you are going to read. 

We have started to clean out our apartment, and get rid of things we don't need..... There has been quite a bit of trash.  I went through our "Medicine Cupboard" and we had collected a lot of random stuff over the years.  Since we each moved a lot around Moscow during college, things just got shoved in boxes, and we never paid much attention to what was in there... turns out there was a nice big paper bag full of vitamins and other random medications that were expired.... some by just a few months, but a lot of the stuff that was mine, expired in ohhh....2006-2008.   I never was very good at remembering to take my vitamins.... and now I suppose I am also good at forgetting that I even own vitamins, for about 5+ years.... OOOPS!!

Other than that cleaning has been quite uneventful, we were able to sell the shell to Corey's old computer, his old monitors that we weren't using, as well as some other electronic stuff we had laying around.  We were also able to clean out our closet enough to actually be able to close the door again so that was good.  We really can't wait to move out of our little apartment (though it has done us very well).  We are so looking forward to the nice big kitchen, the dishwasher, washer and dryer in unit!! Actually that might be what we are most looking forward to.... we are sick of the little kitchen and trying to do all the dishes by hand.  Anyways, we are working on getting ready to move, and really can't wait to move in!! 

We are also excited about the fact that we are having Laura move in, it will be great to have another friend from home in Seattle!  It will also be nice to have her artwork hanging all over our apartment....

Otherwise nothing really has been going on here, just been working alot.  Spring breaks have started to hit all over the Northwest, so we are seeing an influx of tourists which should continue on through the summer, peaking in June or July.  Corey and I are currently working opposite schedules, so we don't have much time off together, but we are enjoying what time off we have.   The weather has been teasing us with sunshine and nice temperatures the past couple of weeks, only to come along and rain.  It's supposed to rain the next week or so, but then clear up for summer.... I don't know how I feel about the sun coming out again, as I love the rain..... but work gets busier with more sun, so I guess I have to like it.

We are hoping to make it to Idaho here soon.... I feel like after we get settled into the new place we might be able to take a weekend to come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment