Alright.... yeah I know I was supposed to update this.... And finally I am getting around to it. Soooo.... April 1st we finally moved into our new apartment, which is absolutely amazing! We have so much space and it is wonderful. Beyond that, I had been having quite a few problems with our previous landlady (in fact she still owes me a lot of money) and it has been amazing how great our new property management has been. Since this was a new construction there have been quite a few problems, and so we have been able to bring these issues to the management's attention, and they have been there within a day or two to have it fixed.... as opposed to the other place calling for weeks and never getting a response. Corey and I are both grateful for the amazing management team..... of all my apartment renting I've never had a property manager be as nice or helpful... So that is absolutely great. So here are a few pictures of the new place all put together. 
So here we are looking from the kitchen into the living room.... When I first looked at the place I did not think that we would be able to fit all our living room in there... but it fits perfectly.... On another note, if you saw our old apartment, that just tells you how much bigger this new place is, cause it was sooo tight in there. And our little dining room.... well it's kinda big considering how much free space there is between it and the living room. And just a little glance at our two porches... we have one that would be great for a little patio set... and one that well, is just plain long, about 20'x4'
Just looking back at the kitchen from the living room.... you can really see how much space we have!! And of course my favorite part of the apartment.... the KITCHEN!! It is really nice to have a kitchen that more than one person can be in at a time, and beyond that we have granite countertops.... but really I just love how big it is, I have never seen an apartment with a kitchen of this size!!
Laura's lovely painting hanging out in the living room
Alright, so we have the master bedroom... which is giant. this is looking from the hallway (which has our closet and bathroom off it.
and then looking back the other direction.... I am pretty sure that the bedroom+bathroom+closet=the size of our old apartment.... alright, so maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I would still say that this place is about 2.5 times the size of our old place. And we have another decent sized bedroom and bathroom for Laura... as well as a laundry room with some great storage. It is absolutely awesome!! We were truly lucky to find this place... the building was rented out in 4 days of it being posted online, and we just so happened to get one of the places.
And the middle of the bedroom... just to connect the previous two pictures
Looking from the bedroom back out to the living room.... It gives you a bit of perspective of how big it actually is.
So we decided on a very nice Seattle day to take Ernie on a walk to Ballard.... so we walked down to the Ballard Locks and showed Laura the locks then headed into Ballard to grab a bite to eat at KISS cafe... a nice little place that allows dogs to come in and hang out.
In Laura's attempt to see all the sights of Seattle, we took her to see the troll that lives under the Aurora bridge...
He apparently doesn't like VW's... then again, I may not be the biggest fan of them anymore since I had my Jetta.
Hanging out with the troll.... he did not eat any of us, so we were very relieved.
Last week Corey's parents came to visit us for the evening last week. We had a nice dinner down in the market, and enjoyed the view of the sound. It was a great time!!
And finally... Laura received notification this week that she was chosen to paint a mural on the side of our apartment building. Since it a new construction there are so many codes that they have to adhere to... So we have planter boxes on our porches for "vegetation" and there has to be so much "public art" on the building. So she, as well as two other artists submitted their design proposals, and Laura got it!! She is very excited about the opportunity. Not only is this her first commissioned piece of art, it will be visible to soooo many people. We are all super excited for her and can't wait to see the final piece!
We will be heading back to Idaho for Timmy's graduation in May, so we hope to see as many people as possible, but we will probably not get to see everyone. Especially since my parents and siblings are moving so far away, I want to be able to see as much of them as I can.... Hope to see you all soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment